Re: Performance Tuning the Tiger

To: TSMIT@isotel.com, rdmallory@earthling.net, Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com,
Subject: Re: Performance Tuning the Tiger
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:22:48 EST
In a message dated 1/20/00 4:19:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, TSMIT@isotel.com
writes:

<< So there's a topic worthy of discussion: Assuming we're using a mildly
zoomy
 cam (let's say the Ford Motorsport E303 or equivalent), what's the maximum
 compression ratio we can run if we're going to use street gas (91 octane).
 Assume the engine will use 38 degrees max timing advance.

 Which heads are more susceptible to detonation?

 Comments? >>

Common rule of thumb that I've heard from those that "know" (mostly by their
mistakes) is 9.5 to 1 with iron heads, 10.5 to 1 with aluminum heads. Sounds
a little high to me, but I guess that's what thicker head gaskets are good
for...
Mike