RE: Performance Tuning the Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Performance Tuning the Tiger
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:20:01 -0700
Tim, and Listers,

I played that game, too, when I had the green machine in its final stages of
evolution. 12.2 to 1 compression (9/16" pop-ups on the pistons), and running
a mix of premium pump gas, acetone, and methanol. What's interesting
(disappointing, at the time) is that with that setup, it made only a few
more HP on race gas than my previous engine, which had 10.5:1 compression,
and the 10.5:1 motor would run on straight premium all day long.

If I'm going to go to the effort of building a decent engine for the Tiger,
I don't want to go overboard and end up with a detonation special, but I do
want to get maximum bang for my buck.
I know I could just keep it stock, but that's not the point...

Theo