Re: Suspension

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension
From: Steve Wickland <wickland@hotrail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:01:41 -0800
"Dr. T. Y. McDowell" wrote:

> Should I replace my rear springs with Dale's?

Yes, I bought mine 4 months ago and they are a little
stiffer than stock and work well.

> Should I purchase Dan Walter's torque arm kit?

Definitely!  It's really a must have.  The only negative
is that mine clunks when you go hard on or off the throttle.
Mine is the old design which wears out the bushing but
other than the noise it works great.  The new ones
supposedly have this fixed.

> Should I get traction masters?

I would say no from all the negatives that I heard.
I never tried them but I did try the Chrysler spring
clamping trick.  It kind of worked but not near as
well as the torque arm.

Steve W.