Re: Suspension

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:56:08 -0800
Hello Tym, I'll give ya my two cents worth on traction masters.  I had them
on my Mk I and they did not work at all.  They did not stop wheel hop or
help with traction that I could tell.  In fact they seemed to prevent or
reduce the proper travel of the rear springs.  Plus they hang down so low
that I had to be careful over bumps and even small dips in the road scared
me.  There's got to be something better and more modern that would work.

regards
Armand

>Tigers,
>
>I've purchased Koni shocks for my Tiger, new springs, and all new
>bushings, ball joints, etc. for the front end.
>
>My last remaining problem is the rear suspension and I'm almost
>suffering from paralysis via too much analysis.
>
>I'm about to replace the 260 in my Mk1A with a very healthy 302 and T-5
>tranny.  I don't plan on racing the car (who knows?) but do like to get
>on it every now and then.
>
>I don't want to get done with this project and wish I had spent a few
>dollars more.  At this stage ....................
>
>Should I replace my rear springs with Dale's?
>
>Should I purchase Dan Walter's torque arm kit?
>
>Should I get traction masters?
>
>Any advice from those who have had similar problems or just want to
>throw in their .02 will be appreciated.
>
>Tym McDowell

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie