Re: Header / oil filter clearance

To: Steve Lemp <steve@ramus.com>
Subject: Re: Header / oil filter clearance
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 18:22:12 -0500
Hi Steve.  I purchased Rick's headers, and did not want to use the stock
oil filter set up.

I used a Transdapt (spelling) screw on filter adapter on the block, and
ran flex lines to the remote oil filter, which in my case was mounted to
the left side on the block/heads, in the approximate position of the old
filter.  The oil filter is up side down, but in 10 years of previous
Tiger mounting in the same position, no problem.  Leak free, easy to
change filter, just poke hole in filter at top, and let it drain to oil
pan.  No mess, like original filter.

You have to dimple the headers, and file a little off the adapter, but
no big problem.  Do it before you coat the headers.  You are coating the
headers, aren't you.  Cuts down on heat, looks good, longer life, and
some power, because the insides don't rust/heat change in the metal, and
therefore smoother, and Ford Performance say 3-5% hp increase over long haul.

My car is not original, in mechanical areas, but I like it  and it's my
car, so do what you want.

Larry