Re: Fuel shortage

To: Pete Stanisavljevich <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel shortage
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:33:08 +0100
Hi Peter,

thanks for the information.

Leaded gas is also now generally unavailable over here. The government
allowed a 0.5% of fuel to be leaded and a small number of gas stations
are able to sell it. Fortunately, the one a mile form my home has it
which means I don't have to modify the heads on my Sunbeam. But then it
is for sale at a mere $6 a gallon - I forgot to mention the exchange
rate on fuel - 1 Imperial gallon is 1.19 US gallons so maybe things
aren't so bad ????

I guess soon a used 4 barrel Holley will be worth more that a new one,
so long as the float chambers are full !

I queued for over an hour today to fill up the gas guzzler with $75
worth of fuel which will last around 300 miles. - probably used $10
worth of fuel moving up the queue !

Jeff

In message <39C0C3E7.51C0D4FE@coxtarget.com>, Pete Stanisavljevich
<pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com> writes