Re: Steering wheel

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel
From: "Charlton" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:43:38 -0500
This is probably the wheel I have on my car.  It really does look like wood,
but since it's one piece and the grain runs in a circular direction I'm sure
it's just a good imitation.  Mine's holding up fine.  If you install one,
just make sure everything is loc-tite'd up -- otherwise things will loosen
and the soft material of the adapter hub will wallow out at the holes.  I
had to bush the holes on mine after I figured out where that strange "clunk"
in the steering was coming from.  I can still telescope the wheel, but it
takes a couple of wrenches to do it now.  The rim is of a nice thickness and
the wheel itself is of good quality.
Duncan