Re: Help Needed

To: mjsutter@cts.com
Subject: Re: Help Needed
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:56:36 EDT
Having just changed the tanks on Ken Bishop's MK II,
I would suspicion the tanks.  Doug Jennings who had
refurbished tanks on the shelf, advised that they are
one popular item.

I surmise that its the product of time and not mileage
and the alcohol gasoline that are the culprit.  Pull the
filter and tap it on a paper towel.  Any black flecks
is bad news.  Time to call Doug.

Another possibility is to check the ignition.  Three
weeks ago I helped Jim Roberts fix his MK II.
Plenty of gas, spark at the plugs but it would
not fire.  Pulling the cap showed the points sparking
but only every so often.  It was a bad condenser.
In all my life of working on cars, I have never run
into a bad condenser.  Perhaps because I always
replace the points and condenser as a set.
Replaced the condenser and Jim was running
again.

Petronix may be the way to go if you can figure
out how to make the tach work correctly.  I
believe that answer is on TigersUnited.

Its the Sunbeam Invasion weekend in Dayton!

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair) Aurora, IL