Re: LAT70 Tire Recommendations

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: LAT70 Tire Recommendations
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:50:13 -0700
Larry, Bob, and Tigers,

Larry has hit the nail on the head, and even missed his thumb (This
time). :-)

That is a marvelous idea (below), so it is ALREADY done as a new Forum
Topic:

Tire & Wheel Discussion
<http://www.tigersunited.com/forum2/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=61&CAT_ID=3&Forum_Title=Tire+%26+Wheel+Discussion>
Round Table of Issues, Solutions, Sources & References for Tiger wheels
and tire issues.

I have currently nominated Dr. Robert Palmer as the Moderator for this
section. This is a particularly appropriate selection, as current list
posts adequately demonstrate Bob's grasp for the practical, technical,
and resources available.  I hope he will accept this unsought assignment
for his unique qualifications.

Remember, the Moderator is not the author all posts, merely the keeper
of the peace, and the ability to move a post to a different Topic if it
is wrongly posted. (He can remove inappropriate language, of course, and
gets a badge!)

Since Larry suggested this great idea, having nothing better to do ;-) ,
 I would like to request that he find the most appropriate general List
post question to copy/paste into the new (bare) Topic, and selected
section.  That will preserve the gems already on us, give Bob something
to do to fix any errors of omission or commission, and get this ball
Larry threw in the air rolling.

This is EXACTLY why the Forum was created, and I hope the
http://www.TigersUnited.com fans use it for their advantage.
                        ______________________________________

As a SEPARATE issue, we now have the ability to post Opinion Polls where
appropriate.  I have kicked off a few in the Forum ads and events
sections asking for opinions, as well as pointing out the MAIN pages
have ads and calendar self posting areas that are even better.

"Events Calendar" and "Free Classified Ads" (individuals, not
commercial, of course) in the top black bar on EVERY page.
                        ______________________________________

Thanks, Larry for your brilliant concept, and for agreeing to get the
ball rolling with a little "copy/paste" of existing posts, and for the
anticipated enthusiastic support of the Tiger List and the new Topic
Moderator, Bob. And thanks to Chris Thompson, shrewd observer, who asked
the appropriate question "where is the link?" That is what the Forum is
FOR, lets use it.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman