Re: LAT70 Tire Recommendations

To: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: LAT70 Tire Recommendations
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:05:45 -0700
I love this list! However, I gotta disagree somewhat with this assessment.
Here is why. The inner diameter of a tire is fixed: it has a lot of steel
cord in this area. When that tire is mounted on a wheel the bead fits in a
certain place on that wheel. If the wheel is narrow, then the tire side wall
actually has to wrap around the wheel more because the inner bead is fixed.
So yo actually get more contact with the tire in a narrow wheel, not less.
IMHO...

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump, NV...where the hell is
Push anyway...)