RE: Desktop Dyno Fun

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Desktop Dyno Fun
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:46:54 +0500
Hi Frank and everyone,

Have you tried asking the software company? They might just be wrong. Sorry
Bob, I don't really follow how your argument explains why the shorter stroke
engines make more horsepower and
torque in the high RPM ranges. I'm probably missing something.

My first thought was rod angularity changes but apparently from Frank's
second post that is not the reason since the same output is given for
different rod lengths.  It could be that you are coming up against
limitations in the engine's breathing. If you try different cams, heads,
headers you may find a setup which favours the longer stroke in the higher
rpms.

Still, it might just be a crap program.

cheers, derek

Derek White