Re: spray painted vin # and crushing cars.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spray painted vin # and crushing cars.
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:50:08 -0400
I've now read again about the evil car crushing department of motor vehicles.
As a civil rights attorney that regularly attacks government overreaching, I
have no particular love or trust of government functionaries.  Nonetheless,
although at times they are misguided, at others they are on a power trip, and
occasionally they completely forget who they work for, as a general rule these
are moral and hardworking people that don't partake in evil for the sake of
evil.

That being said, this car crushing and persecution for vin tag removal during a
restoration smacks of "urban legend."  There must be tens of thousands of
honest restorations and repairs that involved vin tag removal.  Has anyone ever
heard of a legal problem associated with this save for someone actually
doctoring a vehicle later documented as stolen.  Please let me know, and have
them give me a call.

This does not mean that I subscribe to removal.  Why call question to something
that is unquestionable.

Thanx.

Bob Nersesian
B382000975