Re: spray painted vin # and crushing cars.

To: Pirouette@uisreno.com, VegasLegal@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spray painted vin # and crushing cars.
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:47:44 EDT
It would be interesting to see if a DMV inspector could tell the difference
between an original, 30 year old Rootes factory rivet and say a General Motors
factory rivet.  I would kind of doubt that!  So, I think the danger in
removing factory tags has more to do with being original for Tiger
owners/buyers than
for DMV inspectors.  For the inspectors, just rivet a tag on and how will
they know if it's an original Rootes rivet (of course, I don't  think you would
want it to be too shiny and looking new).

I would bet that if there are some "special" factory rivets in today's
assembly plants that there are plenty of employees sneaking them out in their
pockets!  Great to sell to car thieves.
Mark L.