Re: Authentication verification--how to create a tiger out of

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Authentication verification--how to create a tiger out of
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:39:15 -0700
Gary, Bob, and Tigers,

I agree that this subject has taken up a lot of our time and resources.
 I also feel we could be better spending our time with fun things.

UNFORTUNATELY, we are face with a very unhappy situation. A major web
auctioneer, EBay, continues to offer an Alger (as can be easily seen by
the photographs the sellers agent, Kruse International has provided.

Many knowledgeable List members have personally spent the effort to
inform Kruse of this apparent fraud through the channels they provided.
 Yet the auction continues, and no one has had the courtesy of a reply.

I believe this lack of concern of the major internet services and
sellers has frustrated those citizens who want to stop
misrepresentation, and crime..

I, too, have gone through the proffered route without success, and have
taken alternate means to speak directly with a senior representative of
Kruse who appears genuinely concerned and promised to look into it.  I
have referred him to our known experts in this field, and hope they take
advantage of it.

What you are seeing is the anger at the fraud being perpetrated by the
seller of an Alger misrepresenting his construct as a rare Mk II Tiger
VIN number.

With all due regard to the laxness of some state laws, as listed by our
resident legal researcher, a change with intent to defraud is still a
major crime at these price levels.

Hopefully this will be taken care of, and watchful eyes will try to keep
the thieves out of our pantry, and the sound level will back off.  It is
Kruse's inaction that is feeding this flame.

My $.02

Steve

--

Steve Laifman