RE: Dr. Gas

To: "'Larry Paulick'" <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Dr. Gas
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:35:36 -0800
Larry, I'm not disputing the benefits of the H-pipe, if you will reread my
comments.

And excuse me Larry but you did say;

"But why do this if the torque and HP are the same or
better with the H pipe."

And, after rereading your comments several times to be sure,  I'm convinced
that I was correct in assuming that the context was comparing an H pipe to
an X pipe in a Tiger.  I wrote my last EMAIL to question this and I was not
questioning the validity of an H configuration.  If you are basing the claim
made in the quote on more than that one article you didn't make that
apparent.  However, if you have more evidence to support this then I'm
definitely interested in reading about it if you care to pass the info
along!

Larry, YES the H-Pipe is a good thing, YES an X configuration is problematic
in a Tiger, YES you have rendered a very nice H configuration in your car,
NO I am not trying to put down the H pipe or lead a crusade for X
configurations, YES I'd like to learn more about the X (and H)
configurations and YES I am still wondering if Dr. Gas had anything to say
about this at SUNI.

By the way, I fully agree with exhaust design being partially a science and
partially an art.  Pretty damn cool if you ask me.  Oh to be independently
wealthy and be able to spend time building different exhaust configurations
and testing them on your own shop dyno!!

Frank
B9471116

Frank, I did not base my comments on that one web article, if you will
reread my comments.  H pipes have been around for  a long time and have
proven benefits.  The article Theo sent was a same same comparison of H vs
X, on the same  car, and as I said, I was surprised at the H having a better
performance.