Re: Restoring a Car or other Vehicle

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "'Alpine's Peak'" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoring a Car or other Vehicle
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:37:59 -0800 (PST)
Same is true for my Jensen Interceptor. In the 10+ years I've owned
it, I've kept it unrestored, all original, right down to the LearJet
8-track player. The only departure so far was that I had to make a
small control board so that a modern power antenna could be used to
in place of the original power antenna and I substituted Bosch cooling
fans in place of the original Lucas pigs.

My Tiger is the other extreme, completely restored resto-mod with
every modern performance and safety upgrade I could through at it,
while
still keeping a nearly original appearance (some exceptions being roll
bar, 16" Panasports and Jaguar BRG paint).

When it comes time to start refreshing things on the Jensen, I'll
likely apply a similar approach, adding performance and safety upgrades
wherever they increase my enjoyment of the car. I defintely won't keep
the 440 engine specs the same as the smogged out original of 1974. The
Jensen will likely be a rolling-restoration rather than a full-up
restoration.

Stephen Waybright