Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?
From: Robert Bridgeford <bobbridgeford@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:06:59 -0700
I have had good luck reducing cooling system temperatures in my XKE, which is
also" temperature challenged" with Redline Water Wetter. When run with
straight water, it brought temps down 10-15 degrees. See this link for some
test data:

www.turbomagazine.com/features/0703_turp_cooling_system_additives/index.html

I've also read a research paper (although some time ago and I've forgotten the
reference)  that said that the ideal operating temperature for longevity for
Ford small blocks was  210 degrees.  Although not so good  for horsepower, it
does maximize the oil film and distribution...  perhaps one of the more
engineering connected Tiger folks out there remembers more about this study.

Keep driving,

Bob in Sisters

Bob Bridgeford541 549 9539Sisters OR 97759