[Tigers] Ebay Madness

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Ebay Madness
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:17:54 -0400
"WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY FULL VALUE OR MORE THAN FULL
VALUE for a used part when the new one is available, with receipt and warrant
and has almost no wait time!!!! I truly do not understand...."

This happens all the time with traction bars, water pumps, you name it.  A
couple of weeks ago, I bid on a LAT hood that had sitting in  a garage for
years  It sold for the retail price.  A couple of times I have emailed some of
the bidders who finished second and they are clueless that these things are
available.  I think part of it is bidding fever.  They get all hyped up and no
one will out bid them, by God!

On another note, I get suspicious with auctions that have hidden bidders.  I
always wonder if the guy selling is not putting in a few bids of their own to
jack up the price.  The is no way to tell if you don't know who you are
bidding against.

                                  Jeff