Re: [Tigers] Ebay Madness

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ebay Madness
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:22:04 -0700
I've been on both sides of the "side offer" on Ebay.  A number of times an
item I dearly wanted was suspiciously pulled - to my frustration.  On the
other hand when I was looking for a Pinto to build my Turbo Pinto the seller
stated the car was "listed local and might sell before the auction ends."  I
found it on Craig's list (with a final price) and closed the deal - to my
happiness.

 To my knowledge Ebay does not allow pulling an auctioned item, especially
to sell in another market. However, I often see, "listed local and might
sell before the auction ends,"  yet Ebay lets the item be posted.  I guess
it's one of the last "sticking it to the MAN" things left. Worldwide
advertising, - for a minimal listing fee.

THEN..., there was my Halda Twinmaster I tried selling on Ebay - TWICE!
Both times I stipulated USA sale only. Twice European bidders won and then
wanted the deal done on their terms.  I ate about $40 in fees (it sold in
the $900 range both times) and the thing is still sitting on my shelf!  It
took HOURS to get the fees cancelled the first time and in spite of being as
cheap as I can be, I still didn't want to bother the second time. E-PAY
UGHhhhh!

Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
PM