Re: [Tigers] ebay problem

To: "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@comcast.net>, "Stephen Waybright"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay problem
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 07:58:19 -0600
Hi Marc,
Happy to prove you wrong here.

I once shipped a spectrum analyzer from Calgary to Ft Worth via FedEx.
It got to DFW and then disappeared. It was insured for the eBay auction
value, about $2000. After going through the appropriate process and
having FedEx do whatever was required, they coughed up the money, direct
to the buyer. It was still a shame about the thing getting stolen, but
everyone came out even, money wise.

For me, eBay is not really about the money... It's about having the
entire world as a sales and shopping venue, and being able to get the
obscure stuff. I recycle shipping containers whenever possible and the
walk to the post office is good for my fat ass.

Theo.

<snip>