Re: [Tigers] ebay problem

To: marcsmall@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay problem
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:56:30 EDT
marcsmall@comcast.net writes:

> You have never had an $8,000 lens tossed into wet
> shrubbery by a UPS delivery dude.  That happened
> to me.  I can tell you other horror stories.   UPS is crap and FedEx is
> crap.
>
> Marc

I have to side with Marc,
       It often takes me a hour or more to properly package a rebuilt Tiger
steering column for shipment.  Sometimes I have to replace the carton it
arrived in, I wrap it in waxed-paper, then in newspaper, then protect the
splined ends with rubber hose or tennis balls, then I take the package to USPS
and stand in line ... all at no additional charge to my customers.

       By the way, somewhere up in the sky is a Tiger steering column
rolling around the belly of a UPS cargo plane.  They delivered an empty carton
here a few years ago and never recovered the column.  It was packaged by
MailBoxes Etc. and UPS would not cover the loss, passing the buck to the
packager
and the packager blamed UPS ... except ... it turned out UPS owns MailBox!
My customer had to suggest legal action before UPS paid for a replacement
steering column.

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle