Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra

To: Arden Bedell <sixtysixtiger@hotmail.com>, drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:42:55 -0700 (PDT)
My rambling thoughts...

How about a "knock-off".

It's not a real AC Shelby
Cobra, since those were only legal production cars manufactured in the 60's.
(Pet peeve... labeling/registering kits/replicas as 60's Cobras instead of
what they really are, call a spade a spade).

It's not a clone as that would
be more of an exact "DNA match", which this car is not.

Replica, might be a
nicer sounding phrase than my suggested "knock-off".

I like the "tribute"
name for mass production cars that are morphed into more special versions of
their kind.. ie Hemi Cuda tribute cars as example.

An Alger could almost be a
Tiger "tribute" if it is done with enough correct details. Maybe this could
"Cobra" be considered a AC Shelby Cobra tribute car???

Stephen Waybright

---

<drmayf@mayfco.com>
Bedell" <sixtysixtiger@hotmail.com>
> Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
> Date:
Saturday, October 3, 2009, 11:26 AM
> Very interesting car, for sure.
> And
expensive, lol. But it begs a couple of questions for
> the list.  Is it a
clone? Is it a replica? What defines
> those terms?  Does a clone mimic a car
already in
> existence down to the last rivet? Does a replica mean
> something
identical to a vehicle that rolled off  the
> assembly line? Or is it just the
outer skin, for
> looks?   To me, a clone would be to pay
> homage to a
praticlular car, not marque, but a particular
> vehicle, while a replica would
be exactly like an
> assembly  line of cars rolled off thefactory floor.

Any discussion for a Saturday morning, just for fun?