Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra

To: "Tigers Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Stephen Waybright"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:39:36 -0700
That sort of thing happens a lot. I went to a car show in Portland, Or once
and they gave a trophy to a guy whose door jams didn't even match his body
color and had a homemade trailer hitch on his '68 Galaxie bumper "Because he
came to every show and never won anything". When the time for the long
distance trophy came around, I'd come 100 miles further than the next closest
but they were going to give it to the other guy anyway. The presenter on the
stage tried to press on with the presentation while the crowd shouted at him
and looked visibly upset when he finally gave up and gave the trophy to me. I
gave the trophy to one of my grandsons and never went back to that show. Just
remember, you can buy all the trophies you want for $10-$15 each if you have
to have them. I go to visit with people and don't worry what the political
wonks think of me or my cars. Just have fun.

Steve