Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra

To: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>, Tigers Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 14:24:14 -0500
Hehe... You guys crack me up. This might be classified non tiger, but
oh well.

Coming from an owner if such a car in question...( not a kirkham but a
shell valley "cobra" knock off) ... I agree with Stephen completely.
Call a spade a spade. The mere presence of said replicas or clones is
not the problem, not with cobras or tigers.  I mean i firmly believe
the poor guys deserve to play too. I also believe that imitation is
the highest form of flattery. It's mispresentation that is the
problem. Don't call it a tiger if it's not. Call it a v8 alpine
custom, or a tiger replica or tribute. Dont call it a Shelby cobra,
call it a replica or tribute. I'll bet most of us would agree that
trying to pass off something fake as real is a sign of insecurity. I
admit I occasionally refer to the fiberglass car as a "cobra", but
I've never called it a "Shelby" or told anyone it was anything but a
replica. Aka kit car. Plus you wouldn't mistake my car as real... It
handles like it's on rails, rides comfortably, the floor boards don't
burn your feet up.  (or will when I've got it back on the road)

Like drmayf said, just for fun...and as far as unreal cobras go...that
kirkham is top notch. Taking the impression of a cobra to the next
level.

Cullen

Sent from my mobile...