[Tigers] Speedo Rotation

To: "'michael king'" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, "'Fabbro'" <fabbro@shaw.ca>
Subject: [Tigers] Speedo Rotation
From: "Wally Menke" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:48:46 +1100
Hi Kim and all

I'm Back!

Had this problem as Michael mentioned, caused me a lot of head scratching.
Turned out that when I had my gearbox rebuilt (with wide ratio gears) the
speedo gear on the mainshaft in the gearbox was the incorrect one. The Tiger
one is specific and blue in colour which I and the rebuilder did not know
until after, he used the best one of the 2 he had. I found a right angle
reverse direction drive unit that fitted perfectly on the back of the speedo
and the speedo cable.

It turned out after a lot of searching this unit was made here in Australia
by Flexdrive. (Link below scrawl down the page). If you need one let me know
I have the bag it came in stored in a safe place with the part number on it.
This usually means it will take me a day to find it 8-). From memory the
thread is 5/8"-18. Cost was about USD100.

http://www.fdrive.com.au/products/05/drive.php

Wally Menke