[Tigers] Book of Norman

To: CoolVT@aol.com, m_dangelo@verizon.net
Subject: [Tigers] Book of Norman
From: Bill Martin <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:18:31 -0700 (PDT)
 Mauro et al,

 To those who are relatively new to the Tiger community I will provide a
 little bit of background on the BON. I purchased Rootes Group Depot from
 Norm in 2001 and consider myself a very good friend of Norm, so knowing
 that he will probably keep quiet I offer this. Norm self published the
 BON in 1990. He printed 1000 copies and sold them through Sunbeam
 Specialties and sometimes at his shop for 58 bucks. It took him 5 years
 to sell out. A couple of years after the printing the print broker went
 under and destroyed all of the plates, thus no second editions and Norm
 did not break even on the BON he actually lost money. What you don't know
 is that he was chastised for having the arrogance to publish a book about
 the Tiger by the same community he was trying to improve. I am sure that
 with BON2 comes out it will knock everyone on their buts again. So when
 you see a BON listed for an astounding amount of money remember that Norm
 is not getting a piece of the action, but I am sure he is chuckling.
 Bill