Re: [Tigers] Book of Norman

To: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>, Bill Martin
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Book of Norman
From: Steve Ralsten <s_ralsten@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
I don't think anyone who has met or talked to Norm would characterize him as
you do.
The BON was a tremendous amount of work which yielded little to
nothing monitarily.
Norm keeps the website up and keeps the registry up all
gratis.

In my opinion the BON is a collector item that a lucky 1000 people
own. Some for $1000
some for $58. It is what it is and it is done. I fantasize
about finding one in a garage sale or discount book store stack someday. Other
than that I will be waiting for BONII like most.

One other aspect you and
others don't take into account is that due to this absurd inflation of BON
that Norm did not create or benefit from there would now be a great many
people that either paid $1k for one
or are sitting on theirs believing that
they are worth $1k that woud be very very angry if a reprint came out now.
I've seen BON and its a really nice bunch of info but it is not a requirement
to enjoy Tiger ownership

As said before there are plenty of people on this
list or that you will meet at Tiger events that are happy to look things up
for you