Re: [Tigers] Best distributor for Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best distributor for Tiger
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:04:55 +0000 (UTC)
>I would use a later style Ford distributor with a Pertronix or similar
>ignition module.  I have used this combination for  almost 20 years now with
>no problems.

I agree.  I got mine from SS.  Took it apart and flipped the mechanical advance
to the more limited side and changed to Mr. Gasket lighter advance springs.
It was about 1992 but I was able to get a new vacuum chamber with the screw
in port just like original.  I used the original screw in pieces but used a cut
off
screw or something to limit the vacuum advance too (see the shop manual).
My rebuilt 260 has never run better.  The Pertronix is the original style and
has
never fried the coil (or itself) and worked the stock tach too.

Gary