Re: [Tigers] Best distributor for Tiger

To: "'Would U. Believe'" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Best distributor for Tiger
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:48:05 -0700 (PDT)
The late Steve Yates of IN SAAC was up at Road American in his one of a kind
Shelby 350S.  He kept blowing head gaskets.  Lots of steam no damage.
He finally borrowed a camera nad put in the back seat.  It revealed the
problem.  When running at full power coming into the hair pin that runs
uphill, he would downshift to 2nd and floor it through the turn.  The camera
clearly showed the tach was over 10K.  Not many Ford V8s will
run 10K.  Its not a VTEC Honda.

When asked how he could be driving such a rare car Steve's response
'Ask Shelby.  His cars are meant to be driven'.  That was Steve all over.

Keep you RPMs in mid when downshifting.

Steve was a great Tiger supporter and his wife had an early black dasj
Tiger that I worked on.  She traded the Tiger for an original Shelby 289
Cobra and has kept Steve's 350S.