Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>, 'Tiger's Den' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms
From: TtT <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:26:28 -0500
Andy, if you go to 331 gears, you will have wheel hop with higher rpm line
shots when running 13 inch wheels. Assuming the hp is there. My first Tiger
(1972)  had 331 gears, 13 inch wheels with 60s and a 289 with a huge can, it
ate my. 2nd Tiger alive (I bought it later from my friend)  which had a rebuilt
260, four barell intake and Carb. with 288 gears.I'm now running 288 gears a
five speed and 15 inch wheels. I can go through town in 5th gear at 1000 rpm,
my speedo has never worked since the
Sent from Huawei Mobile