Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 07:29:52 -0700
Jumping in late on this thread with a question.  What is the motivation
for getting 'off the line' quicker?  Are we street racing from light to
light? Drag racing? Have more money for fuel or what?  Some kid in a KIA
get after you (us)?  At no time in my past did I ever really feel that
the Tiger actually needed more get up and go at the light. Especially
considering that low gear is one used so little most of us shifting to a
higher gear fairly quickly.   I always found that the fuse in the car
was traction even with the box stock 260 in my car.

So, what gives?  What's the motivation?

mayf

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.