TR Frame Off or Not?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, ko3@columbia.edu
Subject: TR Frame Off or Not?
From: TLEAKE@novell.com (Tom Leake)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:59:36 -0700
I am the poster responsible for this comment.  A gentlemen who lives
near me who produces British and Italian interiors (Chester's Britalia) and
does restorations is the original source (BTW he seems to do quite a
good job and is quite reasonably priced). I pressed him on the TR4a IRS
vs TR6 He said even though the frames are structurally the same, he had
generally seen much fewer rust problems on 4's and 4a's.  He had no
explanation as to why, "I don't know, that's just the way it is".

>>> Kevin  O'Driscoll <ko3@columbia.edu> 06/12/96 02:23pm >>>
Friends,  Someone wrote that someone said that TR4s and 4As don't get
frame rot like
6's.  While I don't know anything at all about the quality of steel used in
the earlier vs. later frames, the different layouts of the 4A and 6
(IRS compatible) frames relative to the early ladder-style 3 and 4 frames
suggests a possible explanation.  Could it be that the mysterious
originator of said quote didn't remember that 4As have the same frame
as