Re: TR Frame Off or Not?

To: ko3@columbia.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Frame Off or Not?
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:32:08 -0400
Kevin,

Regarding the trick of winching the frame off, that is how I did my TR-3, but
I probably took more risk than necessary.

You need an older garage, with exposed rafters.  My new house has those
"quiet beams" made from plywood; they do not work.  The body only weighs 300
pounds or so when empty, so there is no risk of breaking normal 2 X 6
rafters.  The risk is in how you rig the car, I almost wrecked mine; it
wanted to turn upside-down.  Properly rigged, two cheap cable winches are
enough to pull the body shell off.

Jim