Re: New Triumph Owner

To: Herb Hargraves Jr <hargrave@somtel.com>
Subject: Re: New Triumph Owner
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:05:12 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Herb Hargraves Jr wrote:

> Hi all out there,
>
> I just bought my first Triumph about a month ago. Its a 1977 Spitfire.
> I thought it was in fairly good condition. But so far I've had to replace all
> three U joints and the rear end....

Hope that hasn't discouraged you. That's common enough on these, usually
caused by DPO (dreaded previous owner) neglect.

> ...What type of oil do you use in your dashpot ? I have
> learned alot just by looking over the Victoria British catalog and from the
> Haynes manual. Any advice from owners is welcomed. Thanks.

Motor oil is fine, as is ATF (the latter is often recommended in later
manuals).

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *