Re[2]: sheet metal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: sheet metal
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 96 07:57:53 EST
     For GT-6 and Spitfires there are at least two sources of floorpans and
     other metal...Rover and some lesser quality "stamper".  The difference
     in the products is very obvious with lousy edge and groove definition
     and lack of drain holes common to the non Rover parts.

     I've installed several Rover floorpans and the fit my cars
     precisely...and replicate the original fine.  Given the expense of
     maintaining the tooling and relatively small market the $74.00 dollar
     price per floor pan was excellent (IMHO).

     PMQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6
     69 GT-6+ (2)