Re: Sheet metal

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Sheet metal
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:16:31 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Barry Schwartz wrote:

> > Personal sidebar: in 1983 I went to the VTR convention in Long Island
> > (theoretically a part of the State of New York ;-) )....

Hmm, now that Barry has gone public with my message, let me state here
and now that I was kidding about Long Island. I have nothing against
anyone or anything related to that unique geographical feature of the
Empire State. IT WAS A JOKE!! HONEST!! No nasty e-mail, please!

> Andy,
>    LUCKY you!!!  You could probably cammand a preminum for that one.  From
> what I heard the last three complete floor pans TRF had were shipped to
> Australia.  Can you imagine the freight shipping on that one (wonder if they
> took advantage of the free shipping?)
> Also on the thread of floor pans there are at least three different center
> tunnel configurations that I know of, proobably another reason of using
> seperate right and left panels, at least these are all the same-

Well, to make it worse, this 1500 pan was, and still is, intended for a
1970 GT6+, so lots of fudging will be required to fit around the
starter, to adapt the handbrake cable guides and to move the reinforcing
brackets for the 6+ trailing arms. But believe me, it was then and now
still is the best option for my Barney Rubble GT6+.

Had a Flintstone Spitfire, too, BTW!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *