Re: Tach Readings

To: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Subject: Re: Tach Readings
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 14:02:35 -0500
Cc: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Lawrence Schilling wrote:

> I was driving around with a friend the other day in my Stag with the TR6
> engine and he looks over at the dash and says, your tach's not right.

> So now I'm wondering.  Since the tach itself is a Stag tach and the engine
> is a TR6 what does this all mean?

> Any ideas out there.

Easiest way to check is to hook up a tach/dwell meter to one of the
spark plug wires, have a partner rev the engine up and hold it
steady.  It is then easy to check to see how far your tach is off.

The Stag tach and TR6 engine shouldn't make any difference.  However,
your tach may be out of adjustment, which isn't particularly unusual.
At least if you learn how far off it is, you can avoid the redline
on your own...

(If nothing else, this may be an excuse to buy a tach/dwell meter
if you don't already have one...)

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 6-month Daily Driver...