Re: TR6 REAR AXLES

To: rgb@exact.com, tigerpb@ids.net
Subject: Re: TR6 REAR AXLES
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:55:22 -0800
Cc: john_mcmaster@dpa.act.gov.au, triumphs@autox.team.net

> Roger: Maybe you've just hit upon a good idea. Has anyone got access to
> a 240-260Z? It would be interesting to compare the overall dimensions of
> the Z motor and tranny with the TR six unit. A tape measure check of
> overall length and mount locations would be fodder for a swap project. I
> think the Datsun motor is much more durable, while keeping with the
> spirit of the original. The five speed is a real plus. Of course, a
> roller cammed 5.0 Ford fits, too! But, that's for another time.

Good afternoon,

One problem you will have is the height. The Z motor is OHC and taller.
A problem for a GT-6 but a TR-6, maybe not. It would indeed be a potent
unit. I do remember, though, Carl Swanson in Kastners CP TR-6 giving John
Morton in Pete Brocks 240Z a real hard time. Riverside late 60's. Devendorf
in FP, and me in my GP Spit burning $100 bills. Am I dating myself now
or what!? :-)

Cheers,

Ken Boetzer