Re: Circle B head/ 2" SU's

To: paul lacroix <placroix@magi.com>
Subject: Re: Circle B head/ 2" SU's
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 17:49:05 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
paul lacroix wrote:

>        Hello fellow listers,
>
> Can someone please tell me what a "circle B" cylinder head is for a TR6?
> Bob Lang made reference to one in a recent post.
>
> A "Circle B" is one of the four castings in TR6 heads.  The others  are Block
>N, Nothing, and the least desirable of all, the Diamond W.
To find these markings or lack of, one must remove the valve cover and
look at the top of the cylinder head at the front or rear on the right
hand side (that's the side closest to the carbs)>  While this should not
be considered defiative, the circle B is just a better head.  With the
intake removed the ports are smoother and mate up better(no steps) and
seem to be straighter.  You can usually surface them to your hearts
content as they are thicker.  On the other hand I wouldn't do that on a
Diamond W.  Hope this helps.