Re: The Roadster Factory Response

To: TRFmail@aol.com
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory Response
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:20:46 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Last year, most of my parts purchases (95%) were from TRF with largest
portion during last year's Parts Sale.  I had no problems with the
backorder process last year and it was improved this year with the delayed
billing.  There was only one part of the 15-20 that were bo'd that delayed
my project.  (And truthfully it was a part that I thought I didn't need so
the order didn't go in until late in the period.)

The one thing which I noted in Charles' note was that the decreasing sales
in Oct-Dec time frame.   I am not knocking the parts sale concept as it
means I save money.  But, what if it took place earlier in the off-season
so that we could get the price break and have the parts in hand when we
get to working on the cars in Nov/Dec/Jan instead of crunching it to try
and get everything before the driving weather hits.

Of course, this puts it in conflict with the Holidays which might not
work.   But I know that I will be budgeting $x next off-season for some
projects.  Last year I held off until January because I knew the sale was
coming and it would have been just as easy to make some of my purchases in
Nov and Dec if I felt I was getting a good deal.

As to the other two parts-houses.  The few items I did purchase from them
were items that were in their sale flyers and for the most part were not
integral parts of the mechanics of my car.   I felt that TRF's were equal
or better quality and by keeping it with one supplier, shipping was
included.

JM2CW

later...
| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator               INTERNET:musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\    '58 TR3A (TS25264L)  -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/    /