RE: tonneau cover

To: "'S. Ristroph'" <ristroph@csra.net>
Subject: RE: tonneau cover
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 19:19:06 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Stephen,

        What we have here is a lack of com-mu-ni-CAYYYY-tion.  The top is
usually installed with the male part of the snap on the exterior of the top,
with the whole thing riveted to the retainer bar, which is in turn bolted to
the body with two of the four "chromed" hard top fasteners (bolts).  Once the
top is unsnapped along the two sets of interior snaps, and the front bow
lock-down handle are released, the frame is pulled toward rear of car,
simultaneously pulling the top material clear of the frame.  The rear retaining
bar is left bolted in place and the soft top is folded so as not to crease any
of the plastic window material.  I do not know of anyone who attempts to drive
with the tonneau fastened on one side, at least not at any speed!  Usually I
just unfasten to the seatback line and tuck behind the seats until stopping.

Keep me posted as it sounds like your top may have been installed
differently...got me curious!

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar