Re: tonneau cover

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: tonneau cover
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 02:08:48 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Prugh wrote:

> Stephen,
>

> Keep me posted as it sounds like your top may have been installed
>differently...got me curious!
>
> Chris Prugh
> 72 Spitfar
Chris,
        I drive mine with only the drivers side open on many cool days that
otherwise would prohibit running w/the top down. Having half the cockpit
covered keeps me compfy down to about 45 if the sun is shining.
Also keeps everything in the car from seeking liberation at highway
speeds. Yes the cover does want to "float" at 70 and above but it's
never come undone. I do make sure my front cover "pins" are raked
forward slightly.
Next best thing to Flying
Bill
78Spit