Re: Exploding Spitfires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exploding Spitfires
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:29:03 -0700
Paul N. writes,
  < snip >
> my VERY safety minded wife wants to know the
> likelyhood of a Spitfire exploding when rear ended.
  < snip >
******************************
Oooooh are you gonna get flamed (excerpt sniped), and it ain't from any
exploding gas tank!
In all likely hood, I believe exploding gas tanks would be your least
concern.  If you get hit hard enough to do serious damage to the gas tank I
don't think you'll even be able to care about it if you get my meaning.
Located where it is, well you would take one hell-of-a-hit!  I certainly
wouldn't want to be in any car that takes a hit like that!  If anyone's that
paranoid I can't imagine even getting in any car!  I always amazes me how
someone can think of what horrible accident they're going to get into. .
.when I get into my car, that's certainly not what I think.  If I did I
would probably never drive again!

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)