Re: Exploding Spitfires

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Exploding Spitfires
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:58:42 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sexist remarks aside, I'd say the most likely cause of gas tanks
exploding is heat or sparks getting too close to gas fumes.  I don't know
where the Spitfire tank is, but the TR6 tank is nicely situated at the
front of the trunk, so there shouldn't be much risk of its being crushed
in a rear-end collision.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(fulcrum pin going in this week, so you can call off the
search)