Re: tonneau cover

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Re: tonneau cover
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:57:01 +0100 (BST)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
  Rich jackson wrote:-

> >Johnny Storm (DPO in training!)
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Hmmm, Have you EVER fitted a plate to a floor pan with seam sealer instead of
> welder????

Nope, but I have reattached a backbox with tin-foil and exhaust seal paste.

>have you ever secured a coil into a clamp that is too big by using
> an old Morris Minor axle u-bolt????

Nope, I've fixed a rad hose but a bike puncture repair kit.

Or ever filled the front wheel arches of a
> Spitfire with News of the World newspaper and filler/gobbo/bondo/etc????
>Guess
> who has??

When i was selling my MG maestro to get the spit I filled the bumper with
the Eastern daily press and whopped on the filler. I told the bloke that
the reason that the bumper was bust was because I'd had a new door fitted
that hadn't got a wing mirror and I'd backed into a post
(The truth being I'd gone backwards through a fence and knocked down a
few  concrete posts with a broadside)
  The rear window was held in with masking tape (After it had 'popped' out)
 and just before i saw the bloke i stopped to wipe the mayo out of the oil
filler pipe!! Wile on the test drive the indicator failed. I checked the
fuse box and said "Ah only a dead fuse!" (as I replaced another 30amp in
place of a 10 amp).

Johnny Storm (waiting for the feb 2008 practical classics rebuild of the
MG 2.0 EFi maestro....:-))
'77 Spitfire 1500 (determined to be Bodge free)