Re: FW: 76 Spitfire - Wheel Bearings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: FW: 76 Spitfire - Wheel Bearings
From: Spitfire15@prodigy.com ( CHRISTOPHER J REILLY)
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 19:07:36, -0500
-- [ From: Chris Reilly * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I will add my little bit to this thread as well... I too tried to remove
the hub with pullers... and  eventually went to a good machine shop that
had the correct adapter for pressing the hub off... it  took 15 TONS of
force to remove it, then the shop had to remachine the hub face flat
since it  had been bent by a local Porsche shop that I tried already.

I would love to know how a puller can exert that kind of force... and
using heat was not recommended by  several others I spoke with on this
process.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Spitfire15@prodigy.com