Re: Triumph books

To: transerv@sprynet.com, streeter@sanders.com, tbenson@iea.com
Subject: Re: Triumph books
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:17:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-07-02 15:12:45 EDT, transerv@sprynet.com writes:

> Art, et al
>
>  Any idea where one can find the Bently or Haynes manuals.  A fellow gave
me
> his
>  old owners manual from the TR4 he totaled years ago, but I've had no luck
>  locating any of the repair manuals.

Bob,  Haynes is really getting hard to find.  Local shop here had two about 6
months ago.  I bought one and sent it to someone on the list but was too slow
with the other one.  When I went back a few days later it was gone.

However, they might have a Bentley.  When they checked around the area for me
last week on the Haynes, they called me to say that although they had no
Haynes they did have "a factory repair manual" for 55 or 60 bucks (I'm not
sure of the price).  Since I have a Bentley I told them I was interested only
if it was the Original Factory Manual.

I just called them but the lady with whom I was working is gone for the day.
 I'll check tomorrow.

1) If they have the Bentley  - do you want it?

2) What is your top price?  Check TRF, Moss or VB for their prices also TVT
magazine book section.  I don't want anything out of this but I might have to
move fast - I'll dicker if I can and get it as low as possible but they are
probably have a set price.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicile consultant