Re: Dash Board Finish

To: <Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dash Board Finish
From: Phil Smith <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 97 11:36:50 -0000
>>>My buddy just bought a new veneer dash for his TR-6 from TRF. He wants
>to finish it to add a bit of lustre. I remember that Spar varnish was
>reccommended by some, but I am fielding opinions on what others think is
>the best, and most durable finish.<<
I recently saw a dash at my local LBC Guru's shop bought for someone
else. It was from TRF, I believe, still in the plastic wrap. It was ugly,
no sheen, a dark brown in appearance; this is what they advertise as
original in appearance. I doubt it? the Guru said he was going to take a
fine grade steel wool to it , then spray plyur.(sp). I currently have an
old Teakwood dash, in good shape, but very dull, any suggestions?

Phil Smith
Tampa, FL.
69 TR6