The Red Car

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Red Car
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:20:10 EST
I remember this thread coming up a few months ago... I remember
reading a book in grade school called The Red Car. It changed my
life... here's how it goes. Farm boy finds red car (MG TC)
semi-wrecked in barn. He buys it against the wishes of his father. He
fixes it up with the help of an ex-racing driver mechanic Frenchy.
Frenchy teaches him how to drive. Farm boy goes on to win hometown
Grand Prix. This was completely and totally cool when I was 12 yrs.
old....

Any one out there remember?

Here's the deal - I wanna republish it -- SO many people read this
book as kids -- when I talk about it eyes really light up...

Does anyone have a copy? I don't need the whole book, just the
name of author and a xerox copy of the copyright page. (One of the
first pages before the book begins where it says {hopefully}
Copyright so n so 1962)...

Next question... are TR6 steel wheels legal for the stock class
autox for a TR4A? They let 'ya fit the sway bar...how about the
wheels? Do they make TR2's race on 4" wheels?

Thanks guys... please let me know about THE RED CAR -- I'm hoping for
a movie version soon....
Christopher M.Lillja
Subsidiary Rights/Permissions
Princeton University Press