Re: Dash

To: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Dash
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:24:57 -0400
Phil Smith Wrote:
************** Snip **************
>>>My buddy just bought a new veneer dash for his TR-6 from TRF. He wants
>to finish it to add a bit of lustre. I remember that Spar varnish was
>reccommended by some, but I am fielding opinions on what others think is
>the best, and most durable finish.<<
I recently saw a dash at my local LBC Guru's shop bought for someone
else. It was from TRF, I believe, still in the plastic wrap. It was ugly,
no sheen, a dark brown in appearance; this is what they advertise as
original in appearance. I doubt it? the Guru said he was going to take a
fine grade steel wool to it , then spray plyur.(sp). I currently have an
old Teakwood dash, in good shape, but very dull, any suggestions?

Phil Smith
Tampa, FL.
69 TR6

I have a Teakwood Dash, too.  It cost less than the "original type"
replacement and I think it is far superior.  You can take the dash
out and sand it lightly with some 400 grit sandpaper and finish it with
some teak oil and it will look like new.  Be sure to use a sanding block.

Dave (ex-hardware store employee) Massey
St. Louis, MO, USA